Sunday, February 19, 2006

Home in "The Bean"...here's the Re-CAP

Let me tell y'all.......I'm in an extremely awkward position. Boston is my home city, I was born and raised in Dorchester.......but I started 'really' doing music in Baltimore. So when I do shows in Boston its like I gotta work twice as hard cuz everyone there knows eachother (they see me as an outsider), and then I get introduced as "ShellBe RAW, originally from Boston, now by way of Baltimore" and immediately the crowds faces screw up! Right there its like I have to make the crowd feel like its OK to like me, and that I REALLY am from Boston.

So far so good.........I'm @ Hoffa's and I'm paying dues, cuz they make me go 2nd....but its all good. I kill it with the band. I was the only performer to really utilize them for real......and I performed songs that made the crowd get involved. Yet in still I gave them my crowd faves (at least they are B-More crowd faves) like "RAW" and "Rappin' Shit". They ate it up! I received so much love it was unreal...........I guess I was cool with them because I was good! LOL

Either way, my family and friends showed up in full force.....eventhough my dad acted like a complete ASS but that's neither here nor there. We had one whole side of the club on lock, everyone equipped in their www.ShellBeRAW.com t-shirts.....gotta love that young promotional scheme! My sister a.k.a. My Personal Assistant, did the damn thing. She was working the room, the entire night! She sold damn near ALL of my cd's, collected business cards, set up a few shows, and got me a couple of interviews. I see you Joy, do ya thang honey (Ya 10% was nice tonight huh, LOL)!!!!!

OMG.......I have to tell you ladies........the rappers in Boston are sooooooooo cute, and they definitely cater to the ladies. Each of them that performed did at least ONE song for the females....I love it! Did I mention that the rappers even went as far as to 'get dressed', no white/blacks tees....these brothers coordinated hats wit jerseys, button-ups wit matching timbs, even nice sweat suits....etc.

But the highlight of my night for real was finally getting to meet, one of my musical mentors and friends, Akrobatik...... in person, after chatting online for over a year. He happened to be walking into the club, as I was walking out! He told me he seen my name on the flyer and was coming to see me! Now this is crazy, cuz he lives in PA now......but nonetheless, I was so happy to finally hug my homeboy that I have gotten to know over this past year! I must say his fiance is a lucky woman, he looks EVEN better in person than he does online, and/or in pictures!

I love the BEAN.............but I definitely missed seeing familiar B-More faces/places. I can't wait to get back to B-More.....I got like 3 shows to get ready for. My flight leaves at 7:35am, so I gotta get some rest. I'll be back with more updates......thanks for reading!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoop! whoop!

glad to hear it went so well :)

Monday, February 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a nice time out there partna'...i knew u could do it...

next time i really need to go up there

ttyl,
TALAL

Monday, February 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY Chic....Your Rappin is Soooooo HOT!! Keep doin ya thing!!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home