Monday, January 16, 2006

A lil nervous......why?

Well tonight I have a show at the 5 Seasons, and guess what I'm actually a little bit nervous. For real, I don't know how to deal with this. I haven't been seriously nervous since my 1st show (October 2004), so I'm just tryna get in my zone.......cuz this nervousness got me a lil on the edge. It's crazy cuz it's the 5 Seasons.........I've performed here numerous times. For the most part the crowd will be comprised of familiar faces, some hometown celebs, and a few strangers....nothing to be this nervous about. I am debuting a new song, but STILL. I don't know......I'll have to post something about the show afterwards (maybe by then I'll know whats the deal)

I cam across this quote today, and it really made me feel better about my progress:
"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..."
~ Robert Collier
That is real talk. I have made a commitment to doing something for my music EVERY SINGLE DAY......and ever since I've made that commitment, lots of oppurtunities have been coming my way. 06 is the year for building......I am preparing myself thoroughly for the music industry. LOOKS-wise, MIND-wise, MUSIC-wise, etc. I have been doing a lot of thinking.....and what good would it do for me to be discovered at a time when I am not ready? I want to be prepared......cuz in this biz, you get one chance, I don't wanna blow my one chance. Just a lil food for thought!

Either way, I am experiencing a little writers block right now, I have so many ideas in my head..........but the words aren't coming right now. This is frustrating as well because its NEVER happened to me before. I think I just need to get some more sleep (I have been running off of 4 hours or less since October of 05), and now that the excercise-jumpoff is in full effect, its even worse. Speaking of excercise, I'm thinking about posting my weight-loss progress pics.........that is gonna take a lot of guts tho! LOL.........maybe once I'm closer to my goal weight/look! You'll just have to keep checking back to see!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home