Sunday, December 25, 2005

Shouldn't we keep the feeling of X-Mas.....

going year-round? It is the one time throughout the year where folk are thinking about others before themselves. Giving is more important than receiving. Family is more important than work. I love seeing all the families shopping, and kids excited about "Santa". But why do we need one day to lead us in that direction? I think that we would get more out of our realtionships with one another if we treated everyday as if it were Christmas.

I can't even front, I was not excited about Christmas this year.........it's the first year that I didn't have a boyfriend to share it with, I wasn't going home to Boston to see my family, and everyone around me is broke so I know gifts would be at a minimum if anything at all. However I just got a wake up call from Ebony (Fingaz wife), so now I'm off to go have Christmas breakfast with my 360 family. I swear being with those guys has taught me a lot about unconditional love........cuz no matter how much they make me mad, or we don't see eye to eye on something......we ride for eachother and always have eachother's backs.

I wrapped my few gifts up last night...........I usually try to buy any and everyone something, cuz I like to make people feel special. But this year I focused on the people that make ME feel special all the time. Money wasn't really a big deal, I had a couple of dollars, but I bought gifts that were very thoughtful and in some cases, I made gifts. For one person in particular, I wanted to let them know how much they meant to me.......so everything I gave them was hand-made and had a meaning behind it. Much to my surprise that person was very touched by that sentiment. So it definitely isn't about money yall!!!

As for HipHop, I gave some people autographed copies of my cd!!!! Slick huh? LOL...... Nah but for real, today I have a feeling that I'll be writing a hit, I just feel it. I met a producer by the name of Baby Pa (that really is his name though) at Club Sonar when I performed on Thursday........he bought a cd from me. Yesterday he called and said he sampled my voice from a song on that cd, and made me a beat. he was so excited that he came to my job to bring me the beat! I heard it and its pretty alright........the way he sampled my voice is definitely hot. So I think I'll work on that later on today, along with getting some presskits assembled and ready to be sent on Monday after the holiday! I'll probably get up with Talal and write tonight as well.

Anyways............Merry Chritmas, Happy Holidays, and all that good stuff!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did you write that hit?

You make me want to write again. I've NEVER been able to write with someone wlse though, but you and Talal have good chemistry.

Your right about that Christmas thing, it's never about how MUCH you spend, it's about the thought. I make stuff a LOT for people, and do things like give pics. Since I just had the little girl in May, I gave my WHOLE family framed pics of her.

Saturday, December 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home