Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year

I know........I'm a day late right! LOL....well let me fill you in on the festivities. First of all, I had to work the second job until 7:30pm. Wasn't happy about that shit, but hey.....gotta make that money right? Got off work, went home, and cleaned my room (not for real, but you know threw all the visible shit under my bed and just made up my bed real nice....LOL), picked out something to wear, showered got dressed, and started putting the food out. This was the first year in about 5 years that I didn't go to the club and/or church to celebrate the New Year.

I have been making a lot of changes in my life, so I wanted to bring the New Year in differently. I invited a few close friends, associates, and co-workers to my "Club Alternative New Years Eve Soiree'". We had lots of liquor, appetizers/snacks, and GREAT conversation. My house wasn't packed with a bunch of people I could care less about. It was slightly full with the few people that I know are REALLY in my corner. We had soooooooo much fun, just shootin'the shit about miscellaneous things. The party didn't end until 6:30am...........did I mention that I had to be at work by 9:45am. Thanks for the wake up call Mr. and Mrs. P-Funk.

All in all, I brought my year in the right way, MY way..........

P.S. I started another tradition as well, I have a paper on my door that says: "YOU'RE......" and I ask people to continue the phrase by saying 'what' they thought I was.
People put some really interesting and encouraging things!

This sign on my door is a constant reminder of how people view me in such a positive light, it really is inspirationsl!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know i'm way late on seeing this. your new years party was soooo very fun. thanks again for having us!

i'd give it a 9.9 on a scale of 1 to 10....lol

Tuesday, January 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home