Friday, December 30, 2005

Bullshit sucks, but the end result is GREAT !!!

I have had a certain beat for months now.....and from the moment I first heard it, I was in love. But much like love with an actual person, this beat done put me through some shit! LOL
First of all at one point, I lost the beat cd (which is soooooooo not like me). Then once I got another copy, I had difficulty writing. I knew what I wanted to say, but it just wasn't comin out right. After the song was written and I had gotten my flow right, I had to wait for Imahj (the Producer, he's with ARS Productions) to go to Mike and track the beat out at the studio. After that was taken care of, I had to work around Mike's already extremely busy schedule to get studio time. When I finally got some time, I went in and my vibe was all wrong.........I don't know if its because the song wasn't as fresh, or if I had a bad day, or what; but my shit was definitely OFF. This was frustrating to say the least, because I'm usually GREAT at recording, I'm organized (I know exactly what I wanna do, and how to execute it), and I do things in a very timely manner. So I ended up leaving that day with just a rough copy.

But all in all, I guess things happen for a reason. My fumble in the studio occured about a month ago, so I had an entire month to marinate on the song, perfect it, and make the necessary changes. I went back into the studio last night. I was pressed to get out because I wanted to go to StyleWarz (which didn't end up happening), so I really had it in my mind that I was gonna get in, and get right out. Mike was finishing up his last session, so I had extra time to go over my verses. As soon as I was about to go into the booth, Ogun (my bestfriend, who also happens to be an artist) came through to show some support......which was great. His presence, always makes my studio session THAT much better. He didn't stay for the entire session, cuz he had to go to Stylewarz.....but during his time there he gave me some pointers, and some beneficial advice about cadence and delivery. Shortly after his departure, I knocked the song out, and Mike was definitely feeling it. I was very satisfied with my song at the end of the session. I had to go through a lot of bullshit, but the end result was a great song that will possibly go on my album. BTW, the song being mentioned is entitled "I'm Addicted" ......I bet you're wondering what I'm addicted TO, right??? You'll have to wait and see.....I mean hear!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ogun is like a genius in the studio, he always comes up with creative ideas to record stuff, him and Wink. if you listen close to the vocals on his albums, you'll always hear something different, just small things that you notice like the hundredth-umpteenth time you listen.

Saturday, December 31, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! ;)
oh... what demented comments!
what do you suppose about it?

Tuesday, February 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

digital camera sale


camera digital film fuji



kodak digital camera accessory


camera casio digital slim

Friday, February 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home