Tuesday, March 07, 2006

"Even a Man Can Do This" .......I think!!!

"Even a Man Can Do This".............the all Female HipHop Revue took place this Saturday (3/4/06) @ the Belvedere Hotel Lounge. Big Shoutouts go to Tasha (of Divine Ideals), DJ P-Funk (ElementsParty), all of the performers, the press, and all of the spectators.....Oh yea, last but not least my sisters of OOWE (Organization of Women in Entertainment)who were sooooooooo deep in the spot that night!

Performances:
The Mighty Paradocks - They were HipHop Rock Stars I loved it! They had great chemistry on stage together.

Tha Plague - They looked flawless............I was digging the outfits. Song selection was great too!

GoldenSeal - These two ladies look like they are always having fun on stage. They have so much energy, and I did the caribbean influence too!

B-Fly - Proved that you can be the first lady of a clique/movement and still hold it down SOLO (we definitely have a lot in common!).........her set was excellent.

As for me.........yo I can't lie I was so nervous. Its something about performing among ya female peers that brings a certain level of excitement and angst. Among the guys you stand out naturally, becasue you ARE a woman. But as a woman, how do you stand out among the WOMEN??? I ain't gonna downplay my performance.........I killed that shit! Everyone who came to see ShellBe RAW left satisfied.......so I guess the nervousness helped! Ogun was sick, and I made him jump up on stage with me.....J-Fingaz told me I killed it, and he hardly says that......EVER! Not to mention the endless other folks whom I don't know that complimented me, and even thanked me for my performance. I'm proud of myself......

Here is the only pic I have from the show (for now at least)........3 Ladies of OOWE - Jodie Fair, Me (ShellBe RAW), and Sherida (S&M Management)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home