Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Either people are calling in or.....

it's just OUR time to get some shine. Hell I don't care what it is......cuz I'm getting some spins on 92Q. On rap attack, the morning show, and in the various mixes.

Let me share the 'B-More Shit' All-Star Remix story with yall:

My BF, Ogun called me and told me he wanted to Remix the "New York Shit" song. He rattled off some names of MCs he was going to ask to be on the song (needless to say, my name was NOT amongst that list). He then reached out to these MCs, some of which didn't even return his calls/emails. But I guess that's neither here nor there, right? Anyway, I am usually always in the studio when he records so I witnessed the recording of the verses from Tim Trees, Clayway, and COMP. On the cut-off day......a certain MC couldn't come through due to serious family issues, and two other MCs couldn't be reached. After his frantic phone calls to other MCs, Ogun decided he would just do another verse. I ever so politely offer my MCing services..........lol, he says something like " Yeah, that'll be slick!" (actually that sounds more like something I'd say, lol, but you get the point, he was diggin' the idea!) We went over my verse, he was feeling it; then we made a bar-run, during which I went over my verse to get the 'flow' down...... now it was time to record. Keep in mind this all happened in the timespan of like 15-20 minutes.

When it was time for me to go into the booth, there was some friction in the air........certain people who shall remain nameless didn't think it was a good idea to put me on the song. They had 2 'good' reasons:
1.) She's a chick, and this ain't really a 'chick' song..............whatever the hell that means :0
AND
2.) She ain't from Baltimore. :(

As for reason #1, pardon my francais but : "N*gga PLEASE"

As for reason #2, this is true. I was not born or raised here in general, as a person.......but as an MC, I was born and raised in B-More. I claim both cities: Boston and Baltimore. I hope no one takes offense to me being on the song, if they do..........thats too fuck*n bad though. No sah, but seriously, I've worked hard to build a name for myself here. AND I won't appologize for it either! HAAAA! And if all other reasoning fails......like Ogun said, "If anyone got something to say.....shit, you're on the song cuz it's one of the perks of being MY bestfriend"....... lol, I ain't mad at that!

Either way, I shared all this to say.............GOD works in mysterious ways, so ALWAYS be ready!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chilling up Morgan State on the B-more briiiiiiiiidddddddddddge!

That's one of the best lines on the song.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006  
Blogger ShellBe RAW said...

Darryl you are one of my faithful readers........Thank you for checking in, AND actually leaving comments/feedback.

Thanks for the compliment sweetie!

Thursday, June 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home