Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Ultimate Sacrifice for My 'CHILD'

Realization is the first step in the right direction towards growth. Today I realized how much I truly am willing to sacrifice in order to make my dream a reality. Let me start by saying........Sacrifice is NOT easy; especially since you, yourself make that ultimate decision to sacrifice various things, relationships, etc. in attempts to achieve goals, reach a certain status, and/or make your dreams a reality.

Until today......I didn't realize how much my life has changed (and how much I've sacrificed) since I decided to wholeheartedly, follow my dream. I have been rappin' for a lil over 2 years now, and I have been serious since my 6th month. Since then, I have lost touch with most of my 'friends' (not on bad terms, but just due to time-conflicts, etc.) and family, my love/personal life has suffered (and practically become non-existent), my SAVINGS account has been drained, only to be constantly re-built and drained over and over again, even my appearance (eventhough its for the better) has drastically changed.

The way I live now, is totally different........No bullshit, my music career is like my 'CHILD' to me. It takes all my time, energy, and money..........and guess what I'm not scheduled to see a serious return on my investment for a few years, if history serves me right!

I wake up in the morning, and after I thank GOD for another day, I immediately think of what I HAVE to do for my 'CHILD'. Does she need some quality time? Do I need to practice with her? Do I need to buy her something?
Then all day long, I wonder..........
Am I raising my child right? Am I teaching her the right values? Am I feeding her the right food (for thought and/or appearance)? Am I preparing her for the tough road/world ahead of her? Am I truly putting her first in my life?

Sorry to get deep on yall.........but right now I am going through a growth spurt, and I feel as though I shouldn't be selfish with the knowledge I'm gaining. So if this helps/inspires at least one person........I know my willingness to open up, and expose my innermost thoughts and/or experiences is not in vain.

You know the business, come holla at me:
On my MYSPACE page